Professional Disclosure Statement
All licensees under supervision for licensure are recommended to have a disclosure statement and should provide a copy to each client per 20 CSR 2263-3.080 (2) and 20 CSR 2263-3.140 (2). The statement should provide clients your areas of competence for practice that are supported by appropriate education, training, and prior supervised practice or consultation by a competent practitioner in each area of competetence claimed.
Interested in Being a Supervisor?
- Supervisor must have been licensed for a minimum of 5 years.
- Supervisor must have a degree from an accredited social work program or a doctorate in social work.
- Supervisor will be required to send in reports on progress of the supervisee on the 12th, 24th and 36th month under supervision.
- All supervision shall be under a supervisor who has completed 16 hours of supervisor training.
- For ongoing currency, supervisors shall have completed at least three (3) hours of face-to-face continuing education in supervision each renewal cycle as part of the total hours required.
All supervision forms may be found under the Forms link.
You may access the rules regarding supervision under the Rules & Statues link, under the Rules & Regulations.
Possible Supervisor Listing
If you would like to have your name and contact information added to a listing of qualified supervisors in Missouri, please click here to complete the request form. This listing will be available online and is public information.
DISCLAIMER: The Committee complied this list of individuals who have an interest in clinical supervision. The Committee must verify a supervisor's statutory and regulatory qualifications to serve at the time an applicant files the Registration for Supervision. The inclusion of any name on this list does not guarantee that individual's eligibility to serve as a clinical supervisor.
16-hour Supervisor Training Course Information
Please be advised that the committee will not accept any 16-hour supervisor training courses completed prior to 2002. An acceptable 16-hour supervisor training course must have been completed from 2002 - present.
Looking for a supervisor training course? Try contacting any of the following:
Accredited college or university
Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB)
National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
Professional association in the human services
Social Service agency and/or organizational staff development unit
The supervisor informational brochure may be found under the Forms link.