To schedule to take the Landscape Architect Registration Examination (L.A.R.E.) you must contact The Council of Landscape Architectural Registration Boards at (571) 432-0332. CLARB will be responsible for all communication with the candidates regarding administration of the exam, test site locations, providing them their candidate ID numbers, sending them pre-exam orientation information, sending out their test scores and providing information on available services.
Application for Licensure by Examination
Completed applications are processed in the order of receipt in as timely a manner as possible. Processing time varies and a specific licensure date cannot be projected.
If licensure is granted, your initial license will be valid until December 31 of the current year. Refer to Statute 327.621 RSMo and Board Rules 20 CSR 2030-11.010 and 20 CSR 2030-11.035 regarding renewal of your license.
Application for Licensure as a Professional Landscape Architect (with a CLARB Council Record)
Application for Licensure as a Professional Landscape Architect (without CLARB Council Record)
Application for Licensure by Comity
- If you are applying with a CLARB Certificate, please complete the application at the following link:
Application for Licensure by Comity with a CLARB Council Record
- If you do not have a CLARB Council Record but, have been licensed for at least one year in another state with no disciplinary action, complaints, or investigation and meet the educational requirements in effect in that state, please complete the comity application at the following link:
Application for Licensure by Comity Pursuant to Section 324.009
- If you have been licensed for less than one year in another state OR, are currently on discipline, have a pending disciplinary action, complaint, or investigation, or if you do not meet the educational requirements in effect in that state, please complete the comity application at the following link:
Application for Licensure by Comity without a CLARB Council Record
- Application for Re-Activation of an "Inactive" License
- Application for Re-Licensure of an "Expired" License
American Society of Landscape Architects (ASLA)
American Society of Landscape Architects - St. Louis Chapter (ASLA)
Note: Applications for examination can now be scheduled online at the CLARB website.
Note: Checks and/or money orders must be drawn on a United States bank.