Certificate of Registration for Hair Braiding
Follow the link below for Hair Braiding Video:http://www.cosmetologyedgroup.com/
Follow the link below for the Certificate of Registration for Hair Braiding application:Certificate of Registration for Hair Braiding
If a license issued under this chapter has been destroyed, lost, mutilated beyond practical usage, or was never received, the licensee shall obtain a duplicate license from the board by appearing in person at the board's office or mailing, by certified mail, return receipt requested, a notarized affidavit stating that the license has been destroyed, lost, mutilated beyond practical usage, or was never received. (Section 328.025 and 329.033)
If you are a current licensee, please fill out the short 1 minute survey below.
Bill(s) Passed During the 2018 Legislative Session
House Bill 1500 (https://house.mo.gov/LegislationSP.aspx?q=1500&report=billsearch)
House Bill 1719 (https://house.mo.gov/LegislationSP.aspx?q=1719&report=billsearch)
Bill(s) Passed During the 2018 Legislative Session Regarding Hair Braiding
Updated Rules and Statues
Warning to Consumers - Scam Telephone Calls
The Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners (“Board”) offers a warning to consumers to guard against scam telephone calls from individuals intent on obtaining money or personal identifying information. Here are some tips to help you avoid being victimized by these scams:
- Individuals may contact licensees claiming to be Board officials. These individuals instruct that a complaint has been filed against the licensee, and demand the licensee pay a fee to receive a copy of the complaint. These individuals may attempt to solicit payment of the fee, over the telephone, by asking for a debit or credit card number.
- Individuals may contact licensees claiming to be a Board Inspectors, asserting that the licensee needs to pay an inspection fee. These individuals may attempt to solicit payment of the fee, over the telephone, by asking for a debit or credit card number.
The Board will not:
- Call licensees to receive any type of payment over the telephone.
- Charge licensees a fee for inspections.
- Ask for licensees for a credit or debit card number over the telephone.
If you are contacted for any of the above purposes:
- Do not provide any personal identifying information through the unsolicited contact.
- Discontinue the suspicious contact immediately.
- Contact the Board office regarding any suspicious solicitations from individuals claiming to be officials of the Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners. The Board office contact telephone number is
New Testing Vendor
The Missouri State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners ("Board") would like to inform all schools and applicants that effective May 1, 2018, the Board will begin utilizing the services of PSI Services LLC. The Board office and PSI will be working closely to ensure this is a smooth transition with the testing vendor.
When corresponding with the Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners by e-mail and/or facsimile (fax), please refrain from including any sensitive personal identifying information such as Social Security Number or Date of Birth. The State Board does not need you to include sensitive personal information, in order to respond to your email or fax.
Downloadable Flyer on Prohibited Razor-type Instruments
About the Board
The State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners was created in 2005, merging the State Board of Barber Examiners and the State Board of Cosmetology. The licensing of barbers and the barber board was created in 1899, the licensing of cosmetologists began in 1929 and the State Board of Cosmetology was created in 1956. The board enforces Chapters 328 and 329, RSMo, and regulates barbers, cosmetologists, manicurists, estheticians, instructors, salons, barbershops and cosmetology and barber schools.
Protect the public's health, safety and welfare by ensuring that only qualified persons are examined and licensed to practice barbering and cosmetology, as well as to strive to reduce the number of instances of incompetent, negligent, fraudulent or dishonest services provided by licensees. Also, conduct inspections of the establishments and schools.
The data in this website is provided, controlled and maintained by the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners and its employees and is not modifiable by any outside source. The Board provides current data extracted from our database and constitutes a Primary Source Verification. Each item of data has been verified by Board personnel from the primary source, unless otherwise specified. Every attempt is made to ensure the accuracy, reliability, and compliance with applicable accreditation and certification standards for the information displayed. The Board maintains daily updates to this website.
No responsibility is assured or implied for errors or omissions created or caused by technical difficulties. No one shall be entitled to claim detrimental reliance thereon.