If you are a current licensee, please fill out the short 1 minute survey below.
Get Healing Arts News
Click here to sign up to receive email alerts from the Board of Healing Arts on Website Additions, Meetings, Newsletters and Disciplinary/Miscellaneous Actions. Be sure to look for "Healing Arts" under "Professional Registration".
Assistant Physician Licensure
Assistant physicians are defined as:
- "Assistant physician", any medical school graduate who:
- Is a resident and citizen of the United States or is a legal resident alien;
- Has successfully completed Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination or the equivalent of such step of any other board-approved medical licensing examination within the three-year period immediately preceding application for licensure as an assistant physician, or within three years after graduation from a medical college or osteopathic medical college, whichever is later;
- Has not completed an approved postgraduate residency and has successfully completed Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination or the equivalent of such step of any other board-approved medical licensing examination within the immediately preceding three-year period unless when such three-year anniversary occurred he or she was serving as a resident physician in an accredited residency in the United States and continued to do so within thirty days prior to application for licensure as an assistant physician; and
- Has proficiency in the English language;
Prescription Drug Monitoring Program Information
Registration Now Available Click Here
Primary Source Verification
The licensee search function of this website provides current data extracted from our database and constitutes a Primary Source Verification.