CHANGES TO CRITERIA:
The Missouri Real Estate Appraisers Commission voted to implement the AQB Criteria Changes.
Please be advised that the changes will not take effect for approximately nine to twelve months, could possibly be longer.
RENEWAL Postcards Mailed
Postcards to renew your Missouri Real Estate Appraisers license have been mailed. Please allow approximately 2 weeks for the postcard to arrive. Upon receipt of the postcard you may renew the license online at https://renew.pr.mo.gov/renew-default.asp.
Not sure if the Commission has your correct address? You may verify your address online at https://renew.pr.mo.gov/licensee-search.asp.
Need to change your address? This may be changed online at https://renew.pr.mo.gov/appraisers-address-change.asp. Please allow 1-3 business days after submitting the address change BEFORE renewing the license online.
To renew the license at active status the licensee must:
- Have completed 28 hours of continuing education. The courses must have been completed from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2018.
- Please note that if the license was issued during the renewal period, the continuing education hours must be completed after the date the license was issued and before June 30, 2018.
- Missouri requires that appraisers complete a minimum seven (7) hour USPAP update course on the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) during each renewal period.
- Remaining courses must be a minimum of two (2) hours in length.
- Please visit http://pr.mo.gov/appraisers-education-ce.asp for approved continuing education courses.
- Do not submit copies of the continuing education to the office. Only those who receive an audit letter will be required to submit continuing education certificates.
If you are currently active and wish to renew to inactive status the licensee must:
- Request a renewal form. This can be done online at http://pr.mo.gov/appraisers-renewal-info.asp
- There is no continuing education required to renew the license on inactive status, HOWEVER, according to the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB), individuals reactivating their license from an INACTIVE status must complete all required continuing education hours that would have been required if the credential holder was in an Active status.
- The rules pertaining to inactive status can be found online at http://pr.mo.gov/appraisers-rules.asp under Rules, in 20 CSR 2245-4.010
If you are currently inactive and wish to renew to active status the licensee must:
- Mail the renewal form (http://pr.mo.gov/appraisers-renewal-info.asp), fee and required continuing education. You cannot renew online.
- According to the Appraiser Qualifications Board (AQB), individuals reactivating their license from an INACTIVE status must complete all required continuing education hours that would have been required if the credential holder was in an Active status
PLEASE NOTE: The Division’s website will be taken down on June 30th at 7:00 pm. You may NOT renew online after that time.
When mailing the form, it MUST be postmarked by June 30, 2018. Any form postmarked July 1, 2018 and after will be considered late and the $50 penalty fee (per month) will apply.
If you have any questions, please contact this office at (573) 751-0038 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Missouri Real Estate Appraisers Commission will not be providing a USPAP publication to licensees this year. You may purchase USPAP directly from the Appraisal Foundation at the below link.