Welcome to the Missouri Board of Pharmacy. The Board regulates pharmacists, pharmacies, intern pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and drug distributors operating in the state of Missouri. Our mission is to serve and protect the public by providing an accessible and accountable regulatory system that:
- Protects the public from incompetence, misconduct, gross negligence, fraud, misrepresentation or dishonesty;
- Licenses only qualified and competent professionals; and,
- Ensures compliance with professional standards and state and federal laws.
- MO Veterinary Medical Board
- MO Board of Nursing
- Attorney General's Office - Consumer Complaint Division
- MO Committee Of Psychologists
- MO Dental Board
- MO Board of Registration For The Healing Arts- Physician Complaints
- MO Dept. Of Insurance - Consumer Complaint Division
Under Missouri law, unused medication cannot be returned to a pharmacy for purposes of disposal/destruction. Please see the attached link for safe recommendations for medication disposal.
Food and Drug Administration Information:
- Disposal by Flushing of Certain Unused Medicines: What You Should Know
- How to Dispose of Unused Medicine
The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the American Pharmacists Association, and the Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America created the SMARXT Disposal campaign to educate consumers about how to dispose of medicines in a safe and environmentally protective manner.
SMARxT Disposal (Includes VIDEO for Safe Medicine Disposal)