FUNDAMENTALS OF SURVEYING EXAMINATION
The Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) examination is offered in a Computer Based Testing (CBT) format. The examination is offered year round. There are four testing windows which are the four quarters of the year. A candidate may not sit for the examination more than once per window and no more than three times in a twelve month period.
COMPUTER BASED TESTING:
- The FS examination is administered only at approved Pearson VUE testing centers.
- Candidates may take the examination only one time per testing window and no more than three times in a 12-month period.
- The examination, six hours in length, includes a tutorial, breaks, the exam, and a brief survey at the conclusion.
- The FS examination is a closed book exam. Supplied reference material can be viewed on the NCEES website.
- Examinees are allowed to bring and use only NCEES approved calculators during the examination.
- Sample examinations are available for purchase from NCEES.
- Candidates are required to remit payment directly to NCEES for all examination related fees. This will be included as a part of the on-line registration process and will require payment with MasterCard or Visa.
For additional information regarding examination sites, format, specifications, calculator policy, examination administration and scoring, please access the NCEES web site; www.ncees.org.
Updated: January 26, 2016