Land Surveyors in Training
FUNDAMENTALS OF SURVEYING EXAMINATION
Effective January 1, 2014, the Fundamentals of Surveying (FS) examination will be transitioned to a Computer Based Testing (CBT) format. Four testing windows are available to examinees: January & February; April & May; July & August; October & November. The examination will not be offered in March, June, September or December.
COMPUTER BASED TESTING:
- The computer based FS examination will be administered only at approved Pearson VUE testing centers.
- Candidates for a computer based exam may take the exam only one time per testing window and no more than three times in a 12-month period.
- The examination will be six hours in length, which will include a tutorial, breaks, the exam, and a brief survey at the conclusion.
- The FS examination is a closed book exam. Supplied reference material will be electronic and will be available on the NCEES website.
- Examinees will be allowed to bring and use NCEES approved calculators on the exam.
- Sample exams for the computer based FS will be available for purchase after the October 2013 exam administration.
- Registration for the FS will open Monday, November 4, 2013. The first available seating at a Pearson VUE testing center will be Thursday, January 2, 2014. Candidates will be required to pay NCEES directly for all exam related fees. This will be included as a part of the on-line registration process and will require payment with MasterCard or Visa.
For additional information regarding examination sites, format, specifications, calculator policy, examination administration and scoring, please access the NCEES web site; www.ncees.org.
Updated: August 19, 2013