Washington's BirthdayOffices will be closed on Washington's Birthday, February 20, 2017.
Assistant Physician Licensure
Senate bills 716 and 754 were signed by Governor Nixon and established licensure for Assistant Physicians. These bills became law effective August 28, 2014. Rules implementing laws governing assistant physicians will become effective on January 30, 2017. Applications will be available online by the same date. The Board can accept applications starting January 31, 2017. Assistant physicians are defined as:
- "Assistant physician", any medical school graduate who:
- Is a resident and citizen of the United States or is a legal resident alien;
- Has successfully completed Step 1 and Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination or the equivalent of such steps of any other board-approved medical licensing examination within the two-year period immediately preceding application for licensure as an assistant physician, but in no event more than three years after graduation from a medical college or osteopathic medical college;
- Has not completed an approved postgraduate residency and has successfully completed Step 2 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination or the equivalent of such step of any other board-approved medical licensing examination within the immediately preceding two-year period unless when such two-year anniversary occurred he or she was serving as a resident physician in an accredited residency in the United States and continued to do so within thirty days prior to application for licensure as an assistant physician; and
- Has proficiency in the English language;
Fees UpdateClick Here
U.S. Surgeon General - Opioid EpidemicClick Here
Get Healing Arts News
Click here to sign up to receive email alerts from the Board of Healing Arts on Website Additions, Meetings, Newsletters and Disciplinary/Miscellaneous Actions. Be sure to look for "Healing Arts" under "Professional Registration".
Veterans - learn about reimbursement for your licensing examination fees.
Primary Source Verification
The licensee search function of this website provides current data extracted from our database and constitutes a Primary Source Verification.