If you have FAILED the FE examination, STOP and click on the following link to re-apply with NCEES at www.ncees.org.
If you have received your engineering degree and PASSED the FE examination, you will need to make application with the Board for enrollment as an Engineer Intern. Please be aware that you must meet Missouri requirements. Taking and passing the FE examination does not guarantee that your application for enrollment as an Engineer Intern or future PE examination application will be approved. Please read the following instructions and then make application via the link at the bottom of the page.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ENROLLMENT AS AN ENGINEER INTERN
All applicants for enrollment as an engineer intern must have successfully completed the NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering examination; complete (and be approved by the Board) the Engineer Intern enrollment application form as well as meet the qualifications defined in Section 327.241 Revised Statutes of Missouri.
Please note that the application must be TYPEWRITTEN.
An incomplete application will not be processed.
An application for enrollment as an engineer intern shall be accompanied by the following documents.
- An original official transcript of grades evidencing receipt of an ABET accredited Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering and the date it was awarded.
- If applicable, an original official transcript of grades evidencing receipt of a graduate degree in engineering from a United States school with an EAC/ABET accredited undergraduate or graduate program.
- If applicable, a copy of a favorable evaluation report completed by NCEES Credentials Evaluations. The original evaluation report shall be sent directly to the Board office from NCEES Credentials Evaluations.
- A foreign graduate, whose transcript/diploma is not in English, is required to include an original official translation of same prepared by a United States independent, unbiased translation service and notarized by a notary public.
- The $10 application filing fee in the form of a check or money order payable to the Missouri Board for Professional Engineers. Do not send cash.
- Copy of examination result notification evidencing successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering Examination. (Notification of examination result which you received from NCEES.)
In accordance with Board Rule 20 CSR 2030-5.080-(5), a degree in engineering technology does not meet the educational requirements of section 327.221 RSMo.
In accordance with Board Rule 20 CSR 2030-6.010, application filing fees are non-refundable.
We do not accept applications by fax or e-mail. An application must reflect your original signature.
All foreign educated applicants holding a bachelor of engineering degree not accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) are required to submit a favorable evaluation report completed by NCEES Credentials Evaluations. An application for evaluation of a bachelor of engineering degree may be obtained by accessing NCEES Credentials Evaluations; www.ncees.org or you may call 865-654-6824. Once you have satisfied the requirements, you may complete the standard application form and submit it to the Board office for consideration.
U.S. NON-ABET ACCREDITED DEGREE APPLICANTS
NCEES Credentials Evaluations will evaluate a non accredited U.S. engineering degree only when coupled with a master's degree or doctorate from a program that is EAC/ABET accredited at the undergraduate or graduate level. The application for evaluation of an engineering degree may be obtained by accessing NCEES Credentials Evaluations; www.ncees.org or you may call 865-654-6824. Once you have satisfied the requirements, you may complete the standard application form and submit it to the Board office for consideration.
Updated: September 11, 2013